Thursday, April 5, 2007

"It Don't Matter To Me..."


Yeah, another lyric from an old song starts another Blog. But this time it IS different. It fits the topic of dicussion.

It doesn't matter to me (right now) that my graphics card hasn't been set up right under Red Hat's Fedora Core 6. I mean the 3D WOW stuff, that is similar to the Vista WOW stuff.

Of course, I'm not taking Red Hat to court over it either. Unlike the lady that is sueing Microsoft for Not delivering the "WOW" that the ADs promised.

It doesn't matter to me because I didn't shell out a couple of hundred bucks to be snookered by PR again.

So the Compiz window manager with AIGLX effects don't work with my Nvidia Card, yet.

Big Deal.

I'm pretty happy with Zod (FC6), upgrading easily from FC5. And I'm on kernel 2.6.20-1.2933fc6(i686) and GNU C Library version 2.5 (stable) with Desktop Environment GNOME 2.16.

Yet, even SMOOTH upgrades can be a pain in the you-know-what. But that IS the price of computing on the Edge. And my cost of upgrade was the price of Linux User & Developer magazine which came WITH the DVD.


And because of the magazines with DVD's, I've got my choice of a half-a-dozen other Live Distros to play around with.

Yeah, in Linux Land, life Is Good.

===========================================================================

No comments: